Saturday, January 2, 2016

Love

I've been thinking about something lately. In the US Christians get offended by absolutely everything.

"Every religion can be taught in public schools except Christianity!"
"Just wait until a Christian tries to pray out loud."
Starbucks cups...

You name it, some Christian has gotten offended.

I'm not even going to go into whether or not the folks are true believers. We'll just go with the fact that they use Christ's name and say they are his.

The other day I remembered the verse from I Corinthians 13. "Love does not take into account a wrong suffered."

Also, there's a verse somewhere that says the world will know we are Jesus' disciples by our love. (and a verse somewhere that says something about a chicken!)

I'm purposing to love in such a way that allows myself to be wronged without taking it into account.

That will be really hard, because frankly, I like my own way. I like being the boss. I like being viewed as the best.

But that is not the way Jesus was. He told us to love and not take into account a wrong suffered.


1 comment:

I welcome comments from anyone. However, please sign your name so I can personalize my response to you.